Eye treatment now has reached a very advanced stage. The oculist and researchers continue to do research and its application to patients for the best healing results. However, for patients who will do the healing eye disorder or defect using a laser eye surgery you should know the intricacies required to detail.
Terms on Doing Laser Eye Surgery
1. Experiencing refractive disorders, such as minus eye (nearsightedness or myopia), plus eye (farsightedness or hypermetropia) and silindris eye (astigmatism), and uses glasses.
2. Age over 18 years. People under the age of 18 years have not been allowed to perform eye surgery because it is still experiencing growth and development, which can alter the anatomy of the eye and can only add to the refraction of the eye.
It should be underlined that when you reach your 40s, you may still need glasses in order to improve eye sight after the operation. Of course, it is not necessary glasses are like before because of refractive error you have already repaired.
3. No eye disorders related to operating processes. You are not currently in the form of continuously dry eye irritation. When your eyes in dry conditions, then it cannot produce enough tears to keep the eyes lubricated and healthy during laser eye surgery in progress.
4. Another Conditions of eye surgery is that does not have a degenerative disease and other dangerous diseases. Kind of dangerous disease is a disease that is usually very closely with the immune system, such as diabetes, lupus, and other aids. It is a very high risk to the patient, and others.
In addition the operating condition of the eye that is not currently in a state of pregnancy. Pregnant women are usually very sensitive, and usually eye surgery cannot be performed on pregnant women.
5. During this surgery lasted, there is a laser that works to improve the shape and directly provide abrasion to the cornea of your eye, of course, to be successful in surgery, your eyes should have excellent corneal thickness and suitable to be applied in eye surgery. To perform eye surgery, a oculist said it only took about 15 minutes for both eyes.
Now, after knowing the existing procedures in healing eyes with "laser eye surgery techniques", we can know what the future technique that should we choose. We can consult the decision of the selection methods and techniques with our eye doctor. They gladly guide and respect the patient's decision is based on valid information. Consider carefully the plus-minus of each method and technique.