Acne means a skin disorder characterized by pimples or spots which appear on face and body and destroy one’s beauty. To get a clean and clear skin, home remedies for acne are the best curative measures.
People who don’t want to take a surgery or laser treatments or any medication due to the affordability issue can opt for these home remedies for acne because these are easy to do and affordable. The best home-based treatment options that prove to be effective are noted below:
- Lemon juice: It is used to remove the dark spots present on the skin. Lemon juices are also available in every house. Use a cotton ball to apply lemon juice on the scars and do it for at least 15 minutes.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A and antioxidants. They help in restoring the broken skin cells, thus giving you a beautiful skin.
- Homemade face mask: Ingredients that are used for preparing a face mask are sour cream, yogurt, oatmeal, and lemon juice. Apply the mixture on skin and leave it for ten minutes. After that duration, wash it off. It is one of the best home remedies for acne.
- Ice cubes: These help to tighten your skin pores and avoid pimples. This remedy is not known to many people, but it helps a lot.
Sandalwood, Natural Home Remedies for Acne
Sandalwood powder and oil have been proved to be excellent home remedies for acne. It is both long-term and short-term treatment. Sandalwood powder and oil are available from sandalwood trees found in India abundantly. From olden days, sandalwood is treated as one of the effective home remedies for acne. It works in 3 ways:
- It reduces the excessive oil from skin.
- It kills germs and bacteria present in skin.
- It moisturizes skin to make it glow.
This treatment option is more effective when it is mixed with rose water. The above home remedies for acne are very powerful. Try these and get smooth skin.